Beef Recall Can Affect a Truck 3PL Company
With a new beef recall in place, many trucking and 3PL companies that do business with meat processing plants may start to think twice before taking a shipment. Not only can it become a nightmare for the meat processor, but it can be a financial nightmare for trucking companies.
This is because when a trucker makes a delivery, the receiver has the right to decline the shipment. Especially if they know about the recall ahead of time; they can check the shipment and find recalled product.
So, what can be done to prevent a possible decline of so many beef products once it has been delivered?
Honestly, not much can be done if the trucking company is not made aware or if the recall is not announced before the product has left the meat plant. The only thing that trucking companies and 3PLs can do is become diligent before accepting products from a processing plant. This includes checking for any recent recalls.
To help spot the urgency and prevent continued distribution, here are five important points to keep in mind concerning the current beef recall:
- The beef packaging company involved is Aurora Packing Company, Inc located in North Aurora, IL.
- The beef in question was packaged on April 19, 2019, but managed to be shipped.
- An official recall announcement has been made. Products affected have been identified as having an establishment number of “EST. 788”. This can be found among the USDA’s inspection mark.
- There are over 40 beef products that are listed including rib meat, brisket, ribeye, and several other types of steaks.
- To familiarize you with all of the beef products affected, here is the full list.
The best thing that can be done now is to communicate with your clients that have accepted the product from your company. Along with that, it is a good idea to spread the word among other truckers so that they are aware.
The USDA wants to make sure that food safety is maintained at all times. This is why it is also important to have every step of the supply chain involved. Not only will it prevent the continued distribution of tainted beef, but it will help to put better guidelines in place concerning the process of accepting beef shipments.
Thankfully there have been no cases of E. coli reported for this particular recall, this serves as an important example for shippers. While the steps mentioned above are about the beef recall, it is important to note that those steps can apply to any shipment. Product recalls can cause a lot of time and headaches for trucking companies and 3PLs.
FTL Hub is a leading trucking company in the United States. Our trucks are fully equipped with safety technology, flatbeds, step decks, temperature control equipment, and heavy and specialty haul.
Be sure to check back each week as we bring you insight and a behind scenes look at trucking, transportation technology and innovations in the industry.
Take control of your freight with an Asset-Based Trucking Carrier
that can assure you transparency from the port to your destination nationwide.GET A QUOTE
Watch our Podcast
Get a quote in minutes!
- Top 10 Full Truckload Trucking Companies in Florida June 24, 2021
- Top 10 Dry Van Trucking Companies in Florida June 8, 2021
- Top 4 Refrigerated Courier Services in Miami May 24, 2021
- Top 9 Expedited Freight Services USA March 3, 2021
Watch our Podcast
GUIDE TO AVOID UNNECESSARY FREIGHT CHARGES
This is the A-to-Z guide of accessorial charges... it includes an explanation of each fee, the standard industry rates, as well as tips on how to handle them like a pro.
Just enter in your email address and receive your FREE E-Book in minutes!